Dog wardens will canvass homes in all areas of Dauphin County, except Harrisburg City, in April and May, to ensure all dog owners have current licenses and rabies vaccinations for their dogs.
It’s the Law – All dogs three months or older must be licensed by Jan. 1 of each year.
The fee is $6.45 for each spayed or neutered dog and $8.45 for other dogs. Older adults and persons with disabilities may purchase a license for $4.45 for spayed or neutered dogs and $6.45 for others.
Additionally, all dogs and non-feral cats three months of age and older must be vaccinated against rabies. Booster vaccinations must be administered periodically to maintain lifelong immunity.
Violators can be cited with a maximum fine of $300 per violation plus court costs.
Residents can purchase a license from the Dauphin County Treasurer at Dauphin County Courthouse, 101 Market St., Room 105, Harrisburg 717-780-6550, or by visiting www.padoglicenseonline.com.
Licenses may also be purchased at:
- Dauphin – Hornung’s True Value
- Elizabethville – Kratzers Hardware
- Halifax – Hornung’s True Value
- Harrisburg – Agway/Hanoverdale Country Store, Harrisburg Humane Society, Penbrook Borough, Swatara Township
- Hershey – Derry Township, South Hanover Township
- Linglestown – Hornung’s Ace Hardware
- Middletown – Lower Swatara Township, Tender Loving Care Kennels
- Millersburg – Lehman’s Hardware
- Williamstown – Williamstown Borough
Harrisburg City residents must apply for license with the City Treasurer at 717-255-3046.
More Information – Visit www.licenseyourdogPA.com or call 717-787-3062.